Excuse Me, But Do You Have the Time?

I admit it: I like gadgets. But I don't buy any and all gadgets. If the gadget is useful, then I will keep it in my radar for a possible future purchase. I have been reading articles and reviews on smartwatches.  Samsung Galaxy Gear.  Motorola Moto 360.  And the Pebble and the Pebble Steel smartwatch.

At first, I had my eye on the Samsung line of smartwatches (Fit, Galaxy Gear, Gear Neo, et. al.) because I wanted to stay with the Samsung line to go with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 cell phone and my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1.  I read extensive articles on these Samsung line of smartwatches, and I thought I was going to buy the Fit especially when Future Shop brought the price down to under $100.  However, I held off on this purchase because of reviews of applications not being able to function either on the watch or between the watch and the cell phone.

The Pebble line of watches, both the original and the Pebble Steel, caught my eye for it's simple and stylish design.  It works on both iOS as well as Android.  There were no accounts of applications not being able to work on either the watch or the cell phone.  It is easy to set up--I managed to get mine working while relaxing at Starbuck's.

With a recent software update, I can now "interact" with my Pebble watch.  Not only do I get a notification, but it asks me what I want to do with that notification.



When I choose the option to open the notification on my phone, it does exactly that:  my phone shows either the Facebook page that a comment was left on, an e-mail that just came in, or text message that was just sent to me.  Or I can dismiss them.  Since this latest software update, the Pebble watch has become even more of a better choice for those who want a simple way to get notifications from their cell phones.  Check out the Pebble homepage, your local electronics store, or various online stores like Amazon.

Addendum :  I forgot to feature that Pebble works well with Evernote, especially if you keep a grocery list.


Comments