Marathon Training (week 2)

Friday the 13th, June 2014: So far, I am loving this http://www.amazon.com/Hansons-Marathon-Method-Renegade-Fastest/dp/1934030856. I ran 7 miles today on the treadmill, trying to keep an easy pace around 75% of my max heart rate. There's something not right either my heart rate monitor or with the treadmill because it seems like the monitor and the treadmill were telling me that I was running fast. I kept the treadmill down to a speed of 9.6--under 10, anyway. I really have to keep the easy days at an easy pace, because I need to conserve my energy and enthusiasm for the hard days (intervals, tempo, and long run). Tomorrow I run 6 miles easy along Montée Hamilton. Then Sunday is a 10 mile long run. My weight has dropped with all the mileage I'm putting in. I just need to be careful not to overeat, but at the same time eat enough food to fuel my training. That is the balancing act.

Comments